We are looking for an experienced Regional Sales Manager to spear head the next stage of aggressive growth in Europe. Working in partnership with the corporate team in the US, and the other European country managers, this person will build, lead, develop and execute an effective sales strategy across the DACH region for both the existing and future categories of our client.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
- Build, develop, and execute the Annual Sales Plan corporately and by retailer for business that delivers on revenue and profit goals in line with the company channel strategy.
- Manage customer development, sales analytics and forecasting needs.
- Deliver on sales growth, revenue and profit growth.
- Nurture customer relationships at multiple levels and facilitate connectivity in other functional areas including Marketing, Supply Chain, Communications and Operations.
- Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Manage multiple channels selling strategies and meet organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with Marketing and Financial functions.
- Communicate/Interact with the corporate HQ across all functions (Revenue, Marketing, Finance, Operations, Product) to ensure strategy and plans align with corporate strategic direction and there is a clear understanding of plans and pacing.
- Communicate a monthly volume and distribution plan to achieve overall objectives in the market.
- Effectively negotiate retailer, partner, and distribution agreements.
- Lead process for managing trade spend/customer programs in collaboration with Marketing and Finance.
- Evaluate rolling forecast against annual plan on a monthly basis.
- Manage key national accounts: establish promotion calendars, new items, trade spend investment, post-promo analysis, and retail programs.
- Provide category management leadership and marketplace insights and analysis.
Sales Strategy & Plans
- Build the local Sales plan for each category, working in partnership with internal functions and the Marketing team.
- Build, own and lead the Sales strategy for our existing and future categories.
- Sets the strategies and plans to meet or exceed regional/Corporate Objectives & Key Results (OKRs) with a focus on delivering the revenue, profit, and cash flow targets.
- Work in partnership with Marketing team to establish and build awareness for the brand across the region managing demand generation and ROI.
- Budget responsibility for all categories – remaining laser focused on ROI whilst driving our volume goals.
- Work closely with the Finance team to ensure strong financial controls are in place and deliver a profitable marketing P&L.
- Review and analyze the market and competitor trends in all categories and continue to drive an insight led plan.
- Work in partnership with the other Regional Country Managers, Marketing team, Finance and Operations functions.
- Working knowledge of key channels (distribution, retail, online) is essential.
- Being exceptionally insightful in influencing the product portfolio for next 1-2 years with our retail partners.
- A model of collaborative behavior and execution in delivering great programming for the brand at retail (both online and offline).
- Strong interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment.
- You are a learner-always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you.
- 5+ years’ experience in country management roles within a top-tier consumer-packaged goods company.
- Experience owning/running a category P&L and working with all functions across the business – marketing/operations/finance to drive the category agendas.
- Experience in launching new products successfully.
- Experience working with Marketing teams to build out retail and trade marketing plans.
- Experience in working with start-ups is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree with MBA highly preferred.
Fluent German and English
Home based role