Our client is expanding their presence in Africa and looking for a Sales Manager responsible for their Retail and Channel business in the Nigerian market. The position will report directly to the Head of North Africa and will be responsible for selling our client’s storage solutions.
You will maintain strong relationships with existing distributors and customers, manage the retail/channels business and grow market share in the assigned markets. In addition, you will be responsible for growing sales through the existing channels as well as developing new channels and markets. You should have a strong IT background with Retail experience, along with strong business development skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
- Achieve the quarterly sales targets. Work closely with Distributors, assigning them with quarterly targets
- Set the distribution network for the retail business
- Identify the key System Integrators /Partners and develop the market for the product portfolio with focus on storage and surveillance business
- Identify the key retailers/wholesalers and develop/build the market for the retail brand
- Work closely with Distributors, and manage pricing, stock distribution, orders, forecast and payments
- Develop sub-distribution network for the retail business through identifying key wholesalers/retailers. Set up target and incentive plans, keep close relationships and work collaboratively to grow the business.
- Develop strong relationships with existing System Integrators through training, seminars, incentive programs, as well as regular visits and meetings.
- Responsible for building relationships and influencing the mind share of the customer in order to increase sales and market share while maintaining a competitive position and yielding the highest possible returns on sales
- Work with and through other departments within the company to ensure that all sales activities satisfy all business and legal requirements.
- Work closely with the marketing team to identify opportunities, plan for these opportunities and execute within the quarter.
- Collect, compile and analyze competitive information utilize in decision-making and business strategies
- Use appropriate internal resources to meet customer requirements and schedules.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
- Interact and communicate effectively with employees, vendors, contractors, and management on business matters in a business professional manner
- Independent and adaptive team player
- Excellent customer presentation skills
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Proficient with Salesforce.com and Microsoft Office
- Candidate will be self-motivated, driven, customer oriented, resourceful and enthusiastic
- Ability to handle pressure and diverse issues simultaneously.
- Ability to be able to work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changeable environment while maintaining quality of work.
- Ability to travel is a must
- 2 years of related experience in a similar sales role.
- Proven ability to achieve sales targets and develop new business
- Experience operating in assigned territory
- Experience in the IT industry and knowledge of CCTV vendors
- Effectively uses sales process, tools and qualification procedures
- Strong business development skills
- Influence behavior to VP level, internally and in large multi-national accounts
Bachelor’s Degree in business or equivalent experience.