As the VP Channels, the successful Candidate will be responsible for the development and management of strategic channels in the whole region. The company has among its strategic channel partners important Service Providers such as BT and OBS, but also smaller boutique System Integrators.
The VP Channels will be responsible for developing and implementing an overall channel plan, overseeing MDF & other marketing activities and managing and filtering content flow to these partners (including and not limited to maintaining a channel portal, newsletters, webinars etc,).
The VP Channels directly manages a team of 4 dedicated Channel Account Managers and 1 dedicated SE .The candidate will use his/her sales experience to drive his/her team to secure business in very competitive situations, while focusing on the sales goals of the company. In turn, the company will provide a challenging, fast-paced environment that rewards initiative and results.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
- The VP Channels sells the full SD WAN portfolio of the Global Enterprise division by generating "pull" demand through indirect sales-oriented activities to end users.
- Develops senior Partner relationships to build a trusted advisor status, creating value and influencing the company’s position with Partners.
- Consistently drives channel strategy, fully participates in Partner business plans, and aligns education and incentive programs to Partners based on market segmentation.
- Functions as a strategic advisor of Partner principles to gain buy-in from the Partner and influence Partner behaviour.
- Maintain full accountability for all commercial aspects of channel partners (Service Providers, System Integrators, Managed Services Providers and VARs).
- Fully leverage entire network of internal specialists and high-touch organizations to maximize revenue and drive demand. Direct and motivate these resources to ensure full coordination on all activities and opportunities.
- Serve as the partner's advocate, maintaining a high level of partner satisfaction and consistently protecting the strategic interests of both the partner and company.
- Drive customer and partner satisfaction by responding to issues and escalations in a timely manner.
- Articulate how selling the full solution stack delivers higher value for the partner versus competitive offerings. Explain partner program offers to drive discussions. Deliver roadmap presentations that link the solutions to the specific needs of the end customers, but also to the need of Managed Service Providers who need to maintain SLA’s to their end-users. Guide the partner to the solutions and offers that are most beneficial to them.
- Actively manage partner business plans, ensuring all information is kept up-to-date. Regularly review reports and scorecards and use the data to drive partner growth. Review short- and medium-term funnels weekly, recording and driving actions to drive activities to close gaps as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities to further development of existing partners and expand portfolio offerings within the partner account. Create full-stack solutions to help solve partner pain points.
- Initiate marketing plans and demand generation activities to drive demand within the partner and help them grow their margins. Customize relevant training, promotions, incentives and discounts to the partner's business model. Proactively assess certification achievement and act as an ambassador for any learning or certifications needed by the partner.
- Explore, lead and manage creative channel approaches such as OEM’s with technology vendors.
- Drive partner recruiting, proactively engaging with the team of Channel Account Managers and high-touch team to identify partner candidates.
- Actively recruit and on-board new partners to broaden the company footprint within the addressable market (e.g. VAR’s, SI’s and Managed Services Providers)
- Demonstrates business acumen and ability to align company solutions to the partner's business priorities.
- Able to develop consultative relationships with partners to fully understand their needs and identify opportunities.
- Uses financial documents to analyse market trends and understand the partner's business. Well-versed in financial terminology and can conduct financial analysis. Leverages financial information to manage business and drive partner discussions.
- Proficient in holding buying conversations at the CxO level that have impact at every stage of the channel process.
- Creates a climate in which people want to do their best. Can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members. Can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her. Pushes tasks and decisions down. Empowers others. Invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility. Makes each individual feel his/her work is important. Seen as cooperative and a team player who easily gains trust and support from all levels.
- Strategy-savvy (understand the big picture, the landscape, how to gain a competitive advantage)
- Operationally effective (eye for details and ability to get to the essence quickly) with exceptional analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a high pressure fast-paced work environment and handle multiple priorities
- Strong business development skills with demonstrated ability to expand a territory or market.
- Skilled in partner recruitment and on boarding.
- 12 – 16 years related experience.
- Experience with Managed Services Providers is a big Plus.
Bachelor’s degree or relevant industry experience. Master’s degree is preferred.
English required, additional languages are a plus.